Raising awareness for the plight of Foster Children in Queensland.
Hope For Our Children currently,
- Meets with couples to discuss foster care
- Holds information nights for the public
- Assists families to find the provider that best suits their family’s needs
- Supplies backpack for removals, distributed between different providers in the Toowoomba area and the Department of Child Safety.
- Supports foster carers through networking opportunities
- Currently training a therapy dog to be used in the Toowoomba Region.
Some Recent Stats about the Toowoomba Region
Living away from home
- There were 9,464 children who could not live safely at home in Qld end of 2017.
- 1775 of those are in the South West Region, Twmba area
- 1120 of these children are never to be reunified
- 150 of these children live in residential care
- 500 of these children are working towards reunification
- The most common age group needing care are 10-14year olds
Statistics are taken from https://www.communities.qld.gov.au/childsafety/about-us/our-performance/summary-statistics